At the 1976 Olympics Dottie was the anchor of the U.S. team and the very last rider to go in the team competition.
She was responsible for the placing of the American team's Bronze medal. Despite riding first, Dottie placed fifth in the Grand Prix Special.
No other American Dressage rider had accomplished that placing in an Olympic Games.
- Individual Bronze Medallist?Pan American Games, Mexico, (Grand Prix}
- Team Gold Medallist?Pan American Games, Mexico, (Grand Prix)
- Served 12 years on the Athlete Advisory Committee as the equestrian representative to
The U.S. Olympic Committee 1978 to 1988
- Served eight years as the Chair of the U.S.O.C. Apparel Committee 1984 to 1992
- Served as the U.S.O.C. Athlete's representative to the 1984 Olympic Games
- Also athlete's representative at the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul
- AHSA 1990 Intermediate Champion with Wandi
- 1990 Olympic Festival Team Gold
- 1991 Olympic Festival Team Gold
- Reserve rider for 1991 World Cup with Wandi
- Long listed for 1992 Olympics, Barcelona with Wandi
- Received a development grant from the U.S. Olympic Committee 1992
- 1996 Coach of the Gold Medal Paralympics Team in Atlanta
- 1997 Dressage at Saratoga won St George, I1, and the Freestyle
- 1997 Washington International CDI won Prix St. George, Intermediate 1
Intermediate Freestyle, and High Point Dutch horse
- 1998 Dressage at Devon won the Prix St. George and High score in Prix St. George
- 1998 Champion NEDA year end St George
- 1998 Region 8 Champion St George
- 1998 Region 8 Reserve Champion Intermediare 1
- 1998 USDF Horse of the year St George
- 1998- 1999 long listed Grand Prix with Elvira
- 1998 Can Am Challenge team Gold
- 1999 Pan American Trials top 12 in the country
- 2000 Sidney Australia CDI *** Invitational team Gold
- Brought two riders to the Young Rider Championships, receiving a Bronze Medal
- The past few years Dottie has been teaching and giving clinics nationally and locally. Her students school with her in Dover, MA, and travel to Wellington, FL for the winters.
- Buying and selling International Horses
- Dottie is currently training her International Grand Prix horse "Mr. Big"
- 2006 participant in Klaus Balkenhof clinic NEDA
- 2007 won Orlando Qualifier for the Pan American Trials
- 2008 CDIW Wellington showing Grand Prix
- 2009 Showing Grand Prix, training in Europe with Mr. Big